If you are looking to reset your PC either to clean out some corrupted settings or software, you also may need to do a full wipe before selling etc. Then this guide will show you how to reset your Windows 10 PC.
In 2020, they added a new ‘cloud download’ feature. This allows the reset program to download a clean version of windows 10 first before resetting the PC. This is ideal if your PC has corrupted and the image that windows uses for restoration is corrupt.
I have created a video to demo the process here:
The basic steps to reset your PC using the new cloud download feature are as follows:
- Launch Settings from your taskbar.
- Then select the update and security tab
- One the left had side select recovery
- You will then see reset this PC at the top. Click on get started
- You will then be presented with two options. Keep my files and remove everything. If you just want the OS settings and programs wiping use keep my files, however if you want a fresh install with no user data then select remove everything.
- You will then be presetned with two other options. How would you like to reinstall windows? Cloud download / local install. For me I would use cloud download to remove any issues when restoring your PC. However either may work fine and the local install doesn’t need to download any data.
- Select NEXT
- Finally press the RESET (this may take some time to fully complete)
Once the steps are done and the reset process is complete you should be good to go!